You may have already completed the SafeSport Course, however, the certification has not been linked to your account. This article will demonstrate how to link the certification to your coach, manager or referee account and troubleshoot issues with the certification linking to your account.
Once logged into your coach/manager/referee account, click the "Learning Center" tab (located in two areas).
From the "Courses" tab, click "Check Records" under the course.
So long as the name and email in your GotSoccer and SafeSport account match exactly, the course will be imported.
If you click the "Check Records" button and no records are found, there could be several things inhibiting the records from being copied over:
- Names do not match (Ex. name in GotSoccer account is Maxwell Smith, name in SafeSport is Max Smith);
- Email does not match (Ex. email in GotSoccer account is JohnSmith1@test.com, email used for SafeSport is JohnSmith1@workemail.com);
- You did not take the course from within your GotSoccer account and completed on the SafeSport website and did not select U.S. Soccer as the Organization.
- When the name or email in SafeSport and GotSoccer do not match, you would just need to update the name or email in one of the systems to match the other. Of note, we always suggest using your full legal name on any account or course (Ex. Matthew instead of Matt, Jennifer instead of Jen, etc.);
- If you completed the course on the SafeSport website and did not select U.S. Soccer, you would need to provide the certification to your state association and they can mark your account as completed.