The flight value and tournament ranking for each event changes from year to year. We cannot guarantee a ranking for any event. For events using our software we are able to set the flight value as early as one week before the event is held. For those not using our software we cannot determine the flight value until after the event is held once we enter the results.
GotSoccer Rankings awards points based on which teams you defeat and on your own national points total. We are only able to award points for a specific game accomplishment (beating a higher ranked team or a state champion for example) if the event is using our software. We need the complete set of schedules and scores as well as complete verification of the teams that participated. Events using our software store this data in our system and it feeds directly into the rankings. We are unable to manually enter this for events not using our software.
Each tournament's flight is assigned a value based on the top 5 teams in the flight. The points contributed by each team is calculated based on their national rank (USA). The point breakdowns are as follows:
- Teams in the top 1% contribute 10000 points.
- Teams in the top 2% contribute 7500 points.
- Teams in the top 3% contribute 5000 points.
- Teams in the top 5% contribute 3250 points.
- Teams in the top 7% contribute 1918 points.
- Teams in the top 10% contribute 1185 points.
- Teams in the top 14% contribute 886 points.
- Teams in the top 20% contribute 623 points.
- Teams in the top 30% contribute 469 points.
- Teams in the top 40% contribute 313 points.
- Teams in the top 60% contribute 234 points.
- Teams in the lower 40% contribute 156 points.
This formula was updated September 1st 2014.
The value of the top ranking teams in the flight are then averaged to generate the flight's final value or pool. The winners will be awarded points from this pool, minus 20% of their current national points total. This deduction will be higher for teams with more points and lower for teams with less points, in order to balance the awards given even if the competition was not balanced, and reward teams who go up against stronger competition and win. For leagues, the 20% deduction is based on the point total a team has at the time the flight values are set for the event.
The flight Champion will win a point reward based on the total pool of points of the available flight value. If applicable the finalist will be rewarded a value based on one-half of the total available flight value. If applicable, the semi-finalists will receive one-quarter, and the quarter-finalists will receive one-eighth.
Updated by DVD 4/20/17